Pearle Vision

underpaid opticians

Current Employee - Optician in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Optician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pearle Vision

Pros

I can't really say there are any. If your a part-time employee, the manager is very flexible with scheduling. Good workplace for a college student. The doctors are the best.

Cons

Boss favors women and treats male employees with very little respect. Employees no call no show and still have jobs. Employees with no experience get same rate as employees with multiple years. Part-time employees have the upper hand. Absolutely no room for advancement. I've seen employees undergo two years of productive employment with out a raise. Some employees are rude and belligerent, which consist of burping, farting, pretending to throw up, talking about hardcore sex acts.

If there was a competent form of hr there would be trouble

28 Other Employee Reviews for Pearle Vision (View Most Recent)

great place for a college student to work

Former Employee - Optical Professional in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Optical Professional in San Jose, CA

I worked at Pearle Vision

Pros

one of the reasons to work for pearle vision was their pay and benefits structure. i paid for college while working there. on top of a competitive hourly rate for sales associates, you get commission on things you sell. most everyone who comes in for an eye exam will end up buying glasses, so most of the work is already done for you.

Cons

one of the downsides of working for Pearle Vision now is lots of changes with it being bought by cole managed vision, who also owns lens crafters. all of its promotions are the same, except lens crafters are known to deliver within an hour...a competative advantage of Pearle Vision.

senior management needs to do more company events where stores in the same area can meet and greet each other since sometimes they reach out for help from store to store.

Worst Experience in my 30 year career!

Former Employee - GENERAL AMANGER
    Former Employee - GENERAL AMANGER

I worked at Pearle Vision full-time (less than an year)

Pros

salary was good, although bonus was taken away after I was hired !

Cons

Owner of the franchise was a micro manager, she redid everything anyone did, She used to slap my left hand on the computer in front of customers because she wanted me ti use my right hand! She also made the doctors cry!

Chill out! You spend alot on money on salaries, trust that your people can do the job!

There are newer employer reviews for Pearle Vision