There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

A solid place to work, to settle and grow roots. A little more difficult to pollinate broadly within.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

I have been working at Pearson

Pros

Team-oriented culture, work-life balance encouraged

Cons

Opportunities require travel and/or move to another location (out of state)

Need for more cross-unit and cross-function opportunities. Pearson's businesses are extremely broad, and networking, leveraging and collaborating is difficult beyond one's own unit or business. What resources, processes and priorities would help facilitate more crosspollination of both ideas and people?

833 Other Employee Reviews for Pearson (View Most Recent)

It USED to be a great place to work.

Former Employee - Production Planning & Coordination Specialist
    Former Employee - Production Planning & Coordination Specialist

I worked at Pearson

Pros

I loved working at Pearson until the corporate reorganization ocurred. The benefits were great as were the people I worked with. I felt as though I was providing a social benefit, ie. publishing school text books. Though I worked very hard, it was rewarding. If your direct report was a good manager you had more opportunities etc.

Cons

People who were with the company over 20 years went from developing quality books to having to re-interview for their positions. Corporate management and restructuring destroyed morale. Unorganized project planning from upper management. Increasingly ridiculous schedules. Poor business practices. Unfair vendor relationships - I think Pearson was personally responsible for stateside vendors going out of business. Flexible work week and work from home were discouraged. Atmosphere became very clique-like. It was all about playing the game. Favortism was rampant in upper management.

Policies for all locations should be the same.

Leading academic publisher fails to lead in management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Pearson

Pros

Great city location. Excellent books. Some great professionals

Cons

Poor management leads to poor morale. Insensitivity of management. Poor communication. Dreadful human resources who represent management and not the employees.

Focus on the work/life balance of your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson