There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

The world is flat at Pearson

Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Pearson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits but little chance of advancement in Production/Design.

Cons

They're flattening many departments eliminating any chance of promotion and putting middle managers on the unemployment line.

Advice to Management

Take a good look of who you are putting out of work: Some of your most loyal and hard working employees. And you're not even sure how many people you will need in your Integrated Workflow. Does this make sense until it's implemented?

Other Employee Reviews for Pearson

Always Learning...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pearson full-time

Pros

I work with intelligent, kind, hard-working, people. Summer Fridays are great. Flexible work hours. Never a hassle to have time off or take vacation.

Cons

Upper management doesn't care about the peons. We are under staffed and over worked. Too many changes too soon will crash and burn the company that was once (before I was here) a pleasure to work for. No room for growth unless you want to go into Sales.

Advice to Management

Hire more people. Listen to the people! We are Pearson.

Big company with lots of potential opportunity if you work 60-90 hours of week.

Current Employee - Publisher's Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Publisher's Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pearson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Big company with lots of potential opportunity if you work 60-90 hours of week but watch out your social life may suffer. You have the opportunity to become an editor or marketing manager in a couple of years. Great international opportunity if your with the company 6-10 years.

Cons

Pay is low. When i have asked for a raise they questioned if I really value my job. I haven't had a raise more than 2K in 5 years. They say it's because of the economy even when my sales have been increasing each year. The workaholic lifestyle is encouraged. I am required to work Monday-Sunday.

Advice to Management

They have recently laid off a lot of "senior" reps in order to get cheaper younger labor. Sad that such a big company has to stoop so low as to lay off people that have been with the company 15+ years. But i guess all of corporate America is following that trend.