Pearson

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Always Learning...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pearson full-time

Pros

I work with intelligent, kind, hard-working, people. Summer Fridays are great. Flexible work hours. Never a hassle to have time off or take vacation.

Cons

Upper management doesn't care about the peons. We are under staffed and over worked. Too many changes too soon will crash and burn the company that was once (before I was here) a pleasure to work for. No room for growth unless you want to go into Sales.

Hire more people. Listen to the people! We are Pearson.

873 Other Employee Reviews for Pearson (View Most Recent)

Big company with lots of potential opportunity if you work 60-90 hours of week.

Current Employee - Publisher's Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Publisher's Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pearson full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Big company with lots of potential opportunity if you work 60-90 hours of week but watch out your social life may suffer. You have the opportunity to become an editor or marketing manager in a couple of years. Great international opportunity if your with the company 6-10 years.

Cons

Pay is low. When i have asked for a raise they questioned if I really value my job. I haven't had a raise more than 2K in 5 years. They say it's because of the economy even when my sales have been increasing each year. The workaholic lifestyle is encouraged. I am required to work Monday-Sunday.

They have recently laid off a lot of "senior" reps in order to get cheaper younger labor. Sad that such a big company has to stoop so low as to lay off people that have been with the company 15+ years. But i guess all of corporate America is following that trend.

Good company, some problems

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Pearson full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, high level of autonomy in position, good company values. This is a great place for working mothers and fathers, as flex time can be arranged, management is understanding of the fact that unexpected things come up involving family.

Cons

Communication between senior management and reps is almost non-existent. Sales numbers are handled by one person and not double checked. We receive our sales performance numbers in March and only have 24 hours to dispute errors, not enough time for a thorough review of the information, especially when some reps handled more than 200 accounts.

Communication about major and minor changes as they're happening cuts down on confusion.

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson