Always Learning...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pearson full-time

Pros

I work with intelligent, kind, hard-working, people. Summer Fridays are great. Flexible work hours. Never a hassle to have time off or take vacation.

Cons

Upper management doesn't care about the peons. We are under staffed and over worked. Too many changes too soon will crash and burn the company that was once (before I was here) a pleasure to work for. No room for growth unless you want to go into Sales.

Advice to Management

Hire more people. Listen to the people! We are Pearson.

Other Employee Reviews for Pearson

1. Good temp job for full time

Former Employee - Scorer in Austin, TX

I worked at Pearson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supervisors are very understanding if you need a half day or a sick day for any reason, and are very willing to explain the grading rubric on a case-by-case basis. Training is also very thorough to maintain their standards. Was hired within 24 hours of submitting application.

Cons

Scoring becomes repetitive after a few hours, especially during the afternoon. Most scorers are retired or in between jobs, so if you are looking for a younger crowd to socialize with, it's going to be very small. Also, unless doing the same mindless and quite frankly, boring work for weeks at a time is no problem, recent college graduates should stay away.

Advice to Management

Please pay more to somewhere along the national average. Or at least, make it clear which amount listed in the contract will be the actual pay, and not just the average scorer who more than likely is a return hire with a higher pay.

2. Great temp job source

Former Employee - Scorer in Austin, TX

I worked at Pearson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seasonal work scoring assessment tests is a great way to pick some extra money if your retired or between jobs. Dress is casual and the atmosphere is relaxed. Both coworkers and supervisors are pleasant people. They understand that it is a temp job and are understanding if you need a day off or half day for that matter to take care of personal business (ie:job interview). The break/lunch room has 5 or 6 refrigerator and 15 or 20 microwaves in their Austin scoring location.

Cons

Scoring can be tedious but interesting at times. Vending food location is ok but not a lot a lot of healthy stuff.