Pearson

www.pearson.com

Big company with lots of potential opportunity if you work 60-90 hours of week.

Publisher's Representative (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsBig company with lots of potential opportunity if you work 60-90 hours of week but watch out your social life may suffer. You have the opportunity to become an editor or marketing manager in a couple of years. Great international opportunity if your with the company 6-10 years.

ConsPay is low. When i have asked for a raise they questioned if I really value my job. I haven't had a raise more than 2K in 5 years. They say it's because of the economy even when my sales have been increasing each year. The workaholic lifestyle is encouraged. I am required to work Monday-Sunday.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey have recently laid off a lot of "senior" reps in order to get cheaper younger labor. Sad that such a big company has to stoop so low as to lay off people that have been with the company 15+ years. But i guess all of corporate America is following that trend.

Good company, some problems

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

I have been working at Pearson full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great benefits, high level of autonomy in position, good company values. This is a great place for working mothers… Cons: Communication between senior management and reps is almost non-existent. Sales numbers are handled by one person and not double checked. We receive our… Advice to Senior Management: Communication about major and minor changes as they're happening cuts… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Working at Pearson

Vice President (Current Employee) Upper Saddle River, NJ

I have been working at Pearson full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great Company to Work For. Cons: Non to mention at this time Advice to Senior Management: Allow people to take more risk Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Pearson.

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!