Pearson

www.pearson.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Awesome!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pearson full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pearson is full of talented people who are friendly, direct, and always pushing for results. Pearson's product line is outstanding and a leader in the industry. I love working for a company that has a positive impact on the world we live in.

Cons

I hear some people say, "Well that's the way we've always done it" or they are hesitant to change. There are only a few of these people but not having an open mind, will prevent the company from growing.

Keep on doing what you are doing. There are checks and balances with this company that keep it and the employees in line, focused on results and driving the business.

873 Other Employee Reviews for Pearson (View Most Recent)

Always Learning...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pearson full-time

Pros

I work with intelligent, kind, hard-working, people. Summer Fridays are great. Flexible work hours. Never a hassle to have time off or take vacation.

Cons

Upper management doesn't care about the peons. We are under staffed and over worked. Too many changes too soon will crash and burn the company that was once (before I was here) a pleasure to work for. No room for growth unless you want to go into Sales.

Hire more people. Listen to the people! We are Pearson.

Big company with lots of potential opportunity if you work 60-90 hours of week.

Current Employee - Publisher's Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Publisher's Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pearson full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Big company with lots of potential opportunity if you work 60-90 hours of week but watch out your social life may suffer. You have the opportunity to become an editor or marketing manager in a couple of years. Great international opportunity if your with the company 6-10 years.

Cons

Pay is low. When i have asked for a raise they questioned if I really value my job. I haven't had a raise more than 2K in 5 years. They say it's because of the economy even when my sales have been increasing each year. The workaholic lifestyle is encouraged. I am required to work Monday-Sunday.

They have recently laid off a lot of "senior" reps in order to get cheaper younger labor. Sad that such a big company has to stoop so low as to lay off people that have been with the company 15+ years. But i guess all of corporate America is following that trend.

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson