There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Pleasant worklife, but little direction

Former Employee - Print Production  in  Boston, MA
Former Employee - Print Production in Boston, MA

I worked at Pearson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible in terms of hours and ability to work remotely. Talented staff interested in doing good work.

Cons

Constant department shuffling. A new, company-shaking restructuring every two years. Little thought given to developing employees' skill sets.

The tumultuous changes during my time at Pearson, while necessary, are utterly bewildering to the rank and file. I feel that layoffs of entire swaths of employees seemed to be the first resort, rather than having the foresight to assess employees' skills and figuring out which ones might be asked to take on new responsibilities.

797 Other Employee Reviews for Pearson (View Most Recent)

Awesome!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pearson full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pearson is full of talented people who are friendly, direct, and always pushing for results. Pearson's product line is outstanding and a leader in the industry. I love working for a company that has a positive impact on the world we live in.

Cons

I hear some people say, "Well that's the way we've always done it" or they are hesitant to change. There are only a few of these people but not having an open mind, will prevent the company from growing.

Keep on doing what you are doing. There are checks and balances with this company that keep it and the employees in line, focused on results and driving the business.

Always Learning...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pearson full-time

Pros

I work with intelligent, kind, hard-working, people. Summer Fridays are great. Flexible work hours. Never a hassle to have time off or take vacation.

Cons

Upper management doesn't care about the peons. We are under staffed and over worked. Too many changes too soon will crash and burn the company that was once (before I was here) a pleasure to work for. No room for growth unless you want to go into Sales.

Hire more people. Listen to the people! We are Pearson.

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!