There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Very flexible work schedule.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pearson full-time

Pros

Great people, very flexible work schedule (support telecommuting, flextime), healthy annual bonus, global company with lots of locations and work opportunities. Decent benefits. Interesting products and great corporate mission.

Cons

Company, or at least the division I worked in, uses very outdated technology and immature IT policies. Some duplication/disorganization in terms of vendor/supplier policies and how various international groups work together. Longtime CEO, Marjorie Scardino's recent decision to step down (Oct 2012), may result in some uncertainty.

Advice to Management

Modernize and standardize corporate processes and technologies.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

So much potential, so many obstacles to success

Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Pearson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Produces many great educational resources, awesome flexible work policies and benefits, but individual supervisors can decide to deny these at will and employees have little recourse. Pay is reasonable, though lagging behind inflation in recent years.

Cons

Due to multiple mergers and re-orgs in the last 6 years, too many divergent systems, lack of communication among departments and divisions. Not enough resources, especially staff to get the job done well. Not enough focus on customer. No clear way to deal with a bully boss who is not supervised closely enough. I enjoyed working here more in the first few years than I do now. Sales goals and comp plans have changed to make it challenging to achieve the same income I did a few years ago.

Advice to Management

Hurry up with the standardization of systems, IT, processes. The cufstomers won't wait for us to get out act together. We've already angered too many of them.

2. Still the best company I have worked for

Former Employee - Receptionist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Austin, TX

I worked at Pearson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and friendly coworkers.

Cons

I can not think of a negative thing to say about the company.