There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Great place to learn new skills and if you like restructures. Great people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Pearson full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good intelligent people. Great talent in non management positions. Cafeteria in building with good food. Nice building appearance. Flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Always restructuring, poor communication across departments,teams. No room for advancement. too much drama and office politics on top of stress. Air condition does not work properly. Leadership out of state. Training given by web ex with inexperienced trainers. If not famiar with processes will drown. Favoritism among management.

Keep good talent. Get rid of layers of leadership. Invest in loyal talented employees. Always learning slogan apply it to employees. Great company to grow with but not only with years of service but on a personal level. Too many chiefs and too little indians

839 Other Employee Reviews for Pearson (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Distribution Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Distribution Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Pearson full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pearson is very forward looking. A leader in their industry in many aspects, they "downsized" me along with others due to the digital inroads our society is making.

Cons

There are several divisions and it seems to me there is a lot of duplication or little synergy taking place.

Coordinate communications and systems better between divisions

Very flexible work schedule.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pearson full-time

Pros

Great people, very flexible work schedule (support telecommuting, flextime), healthy annual bonus, global company with lots of locations and work opportunities. Decent benefits. Interesting products and great corporate mission.

Cons

Company, or at least the division I worked in, uses very outdated technology and immature IT policies. Some duplication/disorganization in terms of vendor/supplier policies and how various international groups work together. Longtime CEO, Marjorie Scardino's recent decision to step down (Oct 2012), may result in some uncertainty.

Modernize and standardize corporate processes and technologies.

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson