Pearson

www.pearson.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Mindreader required to figure out what the grading points were.

Former Employee - Essay Grader in Rio Rancho, NM
Former Employee - Essay Grader in Rio Rancho, NM

I worked at Pearson full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work during the worst part of the recession. Gave some nice ice cream surprise parties during work. Management was never demeaning or overly critical.

Cons

Very hard to figure out what the requirements of grading really meant. Fact that it was temporary regardless of how well you did your job. I hate sitting for work.

910 Other Employee Reviews for Pearson (View Most Recent)

I worked in home scoring from first to 11th grade.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pearson part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is flexible in the hours work and the commitment to a project. The projects are usually interesting.

Cons

The projects don't offer as much intense work as I play for so sometimes I have taken off from another job and am left holding the bag.

Sometimes the supervisor get a little maverick and don't act as expected.

Temp

Former Employee - Assembly in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Assembly in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Pearson full-time (less than a year)

Pros

In about a month of working at Pearson I began training to be promoted to line leader. They really appreciate hard work and they reward it!

Cons

I was let go after a month because of a policy enforced by HR dept. My managers all had a meeting with HR to keep me on my job but HR wouldn't budge.

I feel that the managers and higher ups should have say in which employees remain with company despite a minor attendance policy issue. If the managers are fighting to keep an employee and are trying to promote that employee then let them use their discretion to make the right decision. Besides that I have nothing to say bad about this company because it is an awesome company that does a lot for its workers. Once an individual is hired on full-time the benefits are great and all of that so I hope they keep doing what they are doing and never change the integrity of the company by getting money hungry or downplaying those who've been through it with them!

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson