Pearson

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

College Grads-Dont Work Here

Former Employee - Faculty and Field Services Representative in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Faculty and Field Services Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at Pearson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking for a career, then I would highly recommend not working here. During the interview process, they promise you the world of opportunities in career advancement, but that is not the case. They require a bachelors degree, but basically you work in a call center dealing with disrespectful sales reps and professors over the phone. The management, in my opinion was very unprofessional. They conducted yearly reviews where you talk about your career goals, but these "yearly reviews" were totally a mask, the management could care less about your career goals. Do not let the fact that you will be working for "Pearson" fool you, its a call center. If you have other job offers, then I highly recommend gong with the other job or you will get "stuck" in FFS.

Cons

The benefits were great! PTO right away.

Value your workers more!

873 Other Employee Reviews for Pearson (View Most Recent)

It's not about how good you work, or how long you've been there.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Pearson full-time

Pros

I loved the people I dealt with in the school districts. There were wonderful people who stood by me when I needed help finding a new position after Pearson closed out office.

Cons

I worked for Pearson for years. I thought I would retire from there. I had a good history, good connections, and did my job very well. Then they decided it was no longer profitable to hire Americans, and they could make more money outsourcing the work to India. They closed the office I worked at, and layed us all off. It was devastating, at my age, and in the 2012 economy. I'm very grateful to have found a wonderful job with another company.

Low salaries but good bonus potential

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Pearson full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Bonus, great benefits, flexible schedules, lots of potential to advance into different areas, friendly people to work with, nice office building.

Cons

low base salary, textbook publishing is a changing industry and it is easy to get burnt out after a few years. Sometimes too much micromanagement.

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson