Lots of opportunities within, but low pay

I have been working at Pearson full-time

Pros

Amazing benefits, smart people, lots of opportunities within the company, relaxed environment in most departments despite stressful deadlines.

Cons

Most people leave Pearson and then come back in order to get pay raises. Otherwise, you'll be stuck at same pay forever. Also, most departments require sales experience for open positions even if that offers little benefit to the job itself.

Other Reviews for Pearson

I have been satisfied working at Pearson. I work as a scorer and am now working from home.

Current Employee - Scorer  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Scorer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pearson full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You work on your own schedule and are doing important work for children and in education.

Cons

You must be able to be your own boss , able to stay focused and committed to your work because you are working from home.

I would advise management to make sure there are incentives to retain workers because it is very hard to stay focused with no one to talk to when there is a problem.

Human Resources Internship at Distribution Center

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern At Distribution Center  in  Lebanon, IN
    Former Employee - Human Resources Intern At Distribution Center in Lebanon, IN

I worked at Pearson as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good salary and additional pay for excellent attendance. Good work/life balance. Never had to do any work after clocked out.

Cons

May get boring in the long run and repetitive. Lot of interaction with applicants leading to wide ranges of experiences, good and bad ones. Duties may escalate if superior leaves, duties that were not originally planned.

Perhaps try to reward employees better so as to avoid such high turnover and discontent with salary. Allow interns to use facilities. Add programs to create bonds and strengthen employee morale and bonding

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson.

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!