There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Lots of opportunities within, but low pay

I have been working at Pearson full-time

Pros

Amazing benefits, smart people, lots of opportunities within the company, relaxed environment in most departments despite stressful deadlines.

Cons

Most people leave Pearson and then come back in order to get pay raises. Otherwise, you'll be stuck at same pay forever. Also, most departments require sales experience for open positions even if that offers little benefit to the job itself.

Other Employee Reviews for Pearson

1. Pearson - Always Changing

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pearson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You really can have the opportunity to change the world through education. Big company with big impact. Clear digital leader and fundamentally sound. Opportunities for growth if you plan well and work hard

Cons

Lots of politics and its as much about who you know than what you know. Long history of acquiring companies that fizzled because they weren't solid businesses in the first place.

Advice to Management

Services are great but don't forget about the foundation of the company (content). Ignore investing in content at your peril.

2. I have been satisfied working at Pearson. I work as a scorer and am now working from home.

Current Employee - Scorer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Scorer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pearson full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You work on your own schedule and are doing important work for children and in education.

Cons

You must be able to be your own boss , able to stay focused and committed to your work because you are working from home.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to make sure there are incentives to retain workers because it is very hard to stay focused with no one to talk to when there is a problem.