There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Every company has their vices, that includes colleagues (incl myself), but I like what I do and where I work.

I have been working at Pearson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Understands family comes first Flexible Schedule Decent Salaries Good Benefits

Cons

Not being recognized for your efforts. Allowing Mgrs to take credit for all the work you put into making something a success.

Advice to Management

Just because a person has a Mgr title does not mean they know what they are doing and are always right. Recognize the correct people accordingly - even if it's "thank you & I appreciate you". With that being said, I am grateful & proud to work for Pearson and do enjoy my job.

Other Employee Reviews for Pearson

Great potential, very poor leadership and vision in some areas

I worked at Pearson full-time

Pros

Some great coworkers, much to learn for anyone

Cons

Some people in leadership roles are more like bullies and not like leaders at all. They rule by fear rather than surround themselves with smart people with fresh ideas that might not always agree with their ideas.

Advice to Management

Do what is best for the business rather than what you perceive as best for your career at the expensive of the business.

Weak vision, others get credit for your hard work

I have been working at Pearson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance Good benefits Stimulating work

Cons

Leaders and managers have no vision. Innovation is always talked about, but I rarely see it. Wrong people (managers, authors/contractors) get credit for your hard work. Company has gotten too big and as a result too impersonal. I barely have a chance to talk to upper management because they are always too busy.

Advice to Management

Overall, I like the people I work with, and I enjoy the actual work. However, management could provide clearer information and feedback about what goals they want us to accomplish. Give credit where credit is due, and provide more specific positive feedback on our accomplishments (not just a general "thank-you."). Since bonuses, promotions, and pay increases are a rarity in this economic environment, more frequent positive reinforcement is even more important.