Pearson
www.pearson.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Pearson was a very good company in the past. Today, head for the hills. Total chaos.

Manager (Former Employee)
Upper Saddle River, NJ

ProsMany smart people, great benefits, diverse and interesting work. Work-life balance.

ConsThere is no leadership today, and multiple, in-congruent strategies. Senior management is dictatorial and fiercely ego driven. There is contempt held for other divisions, and departments. Dissent is not tolerated. There is very little opportunity for growth, and no career guidance. Lost its values of being kind and decent and today treats employees like furniture. Move from print -to digital is chaos.

Advice to Senior ManagementLaying off good people to save money? You could care less about intellectual capital, only play favoritism. There is a way to lay people off , which are humane and just. VPs are the most arrogant I have ever worked with in any industry. Value employees, value their talents, let them speak.

Great Place to work

Applications Support Specialist (Current Employee)
    Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Pearson as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: They provide a very quiet enjoyable work place. They also… Cons: Most of the positions they offer are temp. there work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company if they would stop the layoffs

Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee)
    Upper Saddle River, NJ

I worked at Pearson full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Growing company in the field of publishing and digital printing. They are going in the right direction and it was… Cons: Constant reorganization and restructuring of departments. Company is very top heavy. Outsourcing work to India and other vendors because it is cheaper but the… Advice to Senior Management: Relieve some of the management and bring back the "worker bees". A lot of good people were let go due to restructuring… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Pearson.

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pearson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pearson CEO John Fallon. All reviews posted anonymously by Pearson employees.