There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Beware of TOPs Term of Project positions

Current Employee - Editor  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Editor in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pearson

Pros

Low stress work environment. Very friendly and supportive.

Cons

Term of project positions, TOPs, are exactly that. Most low to mid level positions always start as these contract positions. It is the pathway to becoming a permanent staff member, but budgets often stand in the way. You are strung along for a year or two and then can easily be shown the door.

A significant portion of permanent staff is dead weight, while there is no room for flesh blood to stick around.

792 Other Employee Reviews for Pearson (View Most Recent)

After 8 years of being paid top dollar, the only skills I used were those to get coffee and photocopy

Current Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Upper Saddle River, NJ
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Upper Saddle River, NJ

I have been working at Pearson

Pros

Great benefits, time off, high pay and bonus for the area, come and go as you want. They offer summer hours, tuition reimbursement and soft skill training. Great place for working mothers; flex time, mothers rooms, work from home, etc.

Cons

Sadly, management is incompetent and there is no room for movement or advancement. Hiring is often from the outside instead of providing opportunity to employees. Employee morale is extremely low in some areas due to a political environment that is heavy with top level managers who do not encourage or assist employee growth. Single people are discriminated against by having to pick up the slack of those who have families and need to leave early, come in late, work from home with flexible schedules/short hours. No accountability on employees to get a job done right or at all and no accountability from management to change this. HR is there for management, not the employees. You will get face time to discuss issues but nothing will come of it and you will probably not receive a follow up. Offensive language is frequently used and not considered an issue which again results in poor morale and a too casual atmosphere. People with strong skills are unchallenged and usually become employed elsewhere because of these issues.

Management requires a clean sweep if this company is going to make it. Management also needs to be seriously trimmed. There are people still working who are no longer productive or adding value. Incompetence and bad behavior are tolerated and at times rewarded which sends a negative message to employees who work hard and want to advance their own careers.

My experiences have been mostly great at Pearson. Aside from the fact that I wish I was making more money, I love my job

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant  in  Upper Saddle River, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Upper Saddle River, NJ

I have been working at Pearson

Pros

Very good hours, flexible schedule, great coworkers, great energy.

Cons

Salary is minimal (in my opinion)

Consider rewarding employees that are valuable assets with more competitive salaries. Fact is, Pearson is a terrific place to work. However, its a known fact that the salaries aren't competitive.

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!