Pearson

www.pearson.com

Good work, but it doesn't last.

Peak Employee Scorer (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsFellow employees. A Bachelors degree minimum is required to work as a Pearson "Peak Employee," as they are known, so everyone around you has a level of education higher than the average population. They know what I'm talking about, and I know what they're talking about.
Low level of stress (most of the time) - you score achievement tests all day.
Interesting mix of states - Pearson contracts with different state's departments of education to score that state's tests. Every state is slightly different in the way they want their tests scored.

ConsJob is temporary. Facility is open and operational only as long as Pearson has tests to score, which is not the entire year. When the kids are out of school, and before the next year's tests start to come in (July thru Oct), there is no work. Work through the school year is sporadic, though management IS trying to bring work in to fill up the whole year.

Advice to Senior ManagementI cannot say. Don't know enough about the business.

Pearson is a great place to work in an industry going through transformation

Product Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at Pearson

Pros: Pearson is the world's leading education company, with leadership in its market that is redefining the industry. Pearson's products are in the hands of… Cons: Pearson's excellence stems from its traditional publishing background. It has not yet figured out fully how it will play… Advice to Senior Management: Find ways of taking more risk, embracing more outsiders and their ways of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Idiot supervisors and managers

Sampling Associate (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Pearson

Pros: The Expierence and pay are two of teh best reasons for working at Pearson, I have been there for over 7 years, and have not… Cons: idiots who manage, and losers who get promoted ahead of… Advice to Senior Management: learn how to do your job, and stop being jerks No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Pearson.

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!