Pearson

www.pearson.com
  www.pearson.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Good work, but it doesn't last.

Current Employee - Peak Employee Scorer in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Peak Employee Scorer in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Pearson

Pros

Fellow employees. A Bachelors degree minimum is required to work as a Pearson "Peak Employee," as they are known, so everyone around you has a level of education higher than the average population. They know what I'm talking about, and I know what they're talking about.
Low level of stress (most of the time) - you score achievement tests all day.
Interesting mix of states - Pearson contracts with different state's departments of education to score that state's tests. Every state is slightly different in the way they want their tests scored.

Cons

Job is temporary. Facility is open and operational only as long as Pearson has tests to score, which is not the entire year. When the kids are out of school, and before the next year's tests start to come in (July thru Oct), there is no work. Work through the school year is sporadic, though management IS trying to bring work in to fill up the whole year.

I cannot say. Don't know enough about the business.

869 Other Employee Reviews for Pearson (View Most Recent)

Pearson is a great place to work in an industry going through transformation

Current Employee - Product Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pearson

Pros

Pearson is the world's leading education company, with leadership in its market that is redefining the industry. Pearson's products are in the hands of nearly every learner in a formal education system in the planet at some time in their lives, which is both a great privilege and an awesome responsibility. Pearson handles that well through its commitment to excellence, its philanthropic endeavors and its thrust forward in using technology to even the playing field for learners of all styles and backgrounds.

Cons

Pearson's excellence stems from its traditional publishing background. It has not yet figured out fully how it will play in the digital world, and there are still a lot of internal systems and behaviors that are rooted in the past.

Find ways of taking more risk, embracing more outsiders and their ways of thinking about business, and strengthen the concept of performance-based management throughout the organization.

Idiot supervisors and managers

Current Employee - Sampling Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sampling Associate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Pearson

Pros

The Expierence and pay are two of teh best reasons for working at Pearson, I have been there for over 7 years, and have not moved. I am a Lead, which really isnt much different from when i started. I would also say another reason it is a good place to work is, it takes a lot to get fired for. People will miss lots of days, do a crappy job, and be rude or evil to management, and are still working there. If you are a slacker, this is the place to work. Just show up, and get paid.

Cons

idiots who manage, and losers who get promoted ahead of the deserving

learn how to do your job, and stop being jerks

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson