There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Love working in this company!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Iowa City, IA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Iowa City, IA

I have been working at Pearson as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

As an intern, we had some free lunches. Managers are nice, they are not pushing you, and sharing a lot of experiences and knowledge with you.

Cons

Did not have chances to meet up with other managers.

833 Other Employee Reviews for Pearson (View Most Recent)

Does not value employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

I worked at Pearson full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, both vacation and medical.

Cons

In Upper Saddle River, people who have been there 20+ years, who were still very hard working and gave everything to Pearson, were laid off. John Fallon said, " A company is only as good as its people"....which does not say much for the company. This after sending repeated emails saying the company needed to move forward, and that meant a lot of talented people were going to lose their jobs! People still there, are waiting for the axe to fall. Not at all a good atmosphere to work in. And, people there are so fearful of losing their jobs that there is no more camaraderie. No sharing of information, no moving ahead together. It's one for all and all for one.

Train your faithful and hard-working employees to go digital instead of having no regard for them and laying them off.

Progressive Company

I have been working at Pearson full-time

Pros

The interviewers conducted the interview in a very conversational style. I was really nervous but they were very warm and calm which made me relax during the interview.

Cons

I got the message when I did not hear from the Pearson following the interview, but, a rejection letter is just good etiquette. I was definitively told that I would hear from them and specifically from whom, and heard nothing.

Please acknowledge when an applicant is over qualified and specify what exactly you are looking for. Also, post a salary range for this position so that no one's time is wasted, yours or the applicant's.

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson