Pearson

www.pearson.com

Just your typical, large publishing corporation: low(ish) salaries and looks-good-on-paper benefits

Editor (Current Employee) Boston, MA

Pros-- The people I've worked with have made this place tolerable. When I think about the company as a whole, I can't wait to get out. But when I think about my managers/colleagues, I'm OK with staying.
-- Gym subsidy isn't bad. You pay maybe $30/month for an otherwise-$60 (plus sign-up fees) gym membership.
-- The location of the Boston offices can't be beat. Back Bay/Copley Square has added value to the job.

Cons-- Tuition reimbursement is a farce. The 100% reimbursement promise might sound generous, but the classes you take have to directly correlate to your current position, so forget about bettering yourself on the company dime.
-- The company is on a kick of turning all its office spaces into open layout. Sure, it encourages collaboration, but not every department requires collaboration.

Pearson has been an amazing company to work for.

I have been working at Pearson full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: People are treated well, benefits are excellent. Cons: Communication can be an issue sometimes. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Moves like a large company

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Boulder, CO

I worked at Pearson full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: It's great to work in the education business. Cons: There isn't a lot of room for career advancement and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Pearson.

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!