Pearson

www.pearson.com

Wonderful mission, lots of change to redirect company to be technology-driven and global.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

Wonderful people who enjoy working with cutting-edge technology and embrace the mission of improving lives through education. Culture is people-focused - hard working with authentic style and life-balance. No-walls management style (not 'open door' because in Denver their are no private offices at all). Agile best practices. Terrific healthcare plan and other benefits.

Cons

Right now, early 2014, so much re-direction at the top there it is difficult to have focus.

Finalize restructure and be even more transparent with communication. CEO John Fallon is transparent and really great at communications, not all levels below him are as open. This used to not be the case.

Other reviews for Pearson

Intern to Part-Time

Current Employee - Editorial and Product Development
    Current Employee - Editorial and Product Development

Pros

Pearson works hard to create a friendly culture within the office; I contacted multiple people while interning there to conduct professional interviews, and they were more than happy to oblige. They gave me great advice about breaking into the publishing industry, and urged me to leave my resume with them at the end of my internship in case something came up. Before my internship was over, I was offered a temporary job with them since they were so pleased with my work as an intern.

Cons

Since they hire so many temp workers, people are constantly shifting around.

Pearson is a learning company whose focus is learner success.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

There is an saying at Pearson that you come for the job and stay for the people. Pearson hires smart, competitive, and creative individuals. Pearson has a policy of promoting from within and as such is generally respectful and appreciative of employees. Pearson places a high premium on employee well-being makes an effort to promote employee wellness. Pearson seeks to collaborate with customers to provide the most useful and effective learning materials on the market. Pearson has a solution for nearly every customer and the opportunity to succeed exists in every sector. Learning technology is a primary focus the Pearson technology products are generally the industry leaders.

Cons

Because Pearson is a large company, change can be slow. Internal reporting is cumbersome and sometimes opaque. Database systems are not state of the art and not easily shared across functional groups within Pearson.

Improve sales reporting transparency and speed. Improve goal setting transparency and speed.

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson.

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!