There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

I had a very good experience at Pearson. I enjoyed the managers I worked for.

Former Employee - Associate Training Specialist in Iowa City, IA
Former Employee - Associate Training Specialist in Iowa City, IA

I worked at Pearson full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. I was able to have a flexible work schedule and my managers always encouraged my growth.

Cons

At times the hiring process was based more on who you know, rather than competencies and experience. The same things come out in the employee surveys each time.

833 Other Employee Reviews for Pearson (View Most Recent)

Why I work at Pearson

I have been working at Pearson

Pros

Pearson is dedication to improving lives through education. By demonstrating efficacy in our products, we are able to show that we are making a difference every day...world wide.

If I didn't believe this, I couldn't go out and do my job every day.

Pearson's vision through investment and aquisitions in technology are the reason I carefully chose to come to Pearson after working at several other publishing companies. Most recently the aquisition of Learning Catalytics and the partnership with Knewton, demonstrate the commitment to the highest quality technology that truly aids in the teaching and learning of college students.

Cons

The industry is the biggest con. We are going through a huge change in the shift from print to digital and while I truly believe this is ultimately a good thing, It creates new and increasing challenges every day.

We have been through a lot of restructuring recently. The implementation of this change was not handled in a quick, decisive manner. There are still roles that are unclear even to the people who have landed these roles.

We need to know what the organization looks like from the ground. The executive positions seem very clear, but the bulk of the organization still isn't sure how the pieces fit together for "them".

Proud to represent a company that focuses on learning and invests in their people and products.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Pearson full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Collaboration, leading products, strong specialization in sales, respectable salary (which includes car, phone, internet, travel and expenses for work in field) and incentive plan (which is evolving to better measure success and shift to digital sales), thoughtful management, emphasis on well-being, supportive of being creative, great community of authors, professors, speakers to come work campus and events, productive meetings, huge on support and training so customers feel safe, the absolute place to be in the industry as our competition is far behind both on paper and in practice, flexibility amongst the chaotic life of being in sales, great training resources for new and experienced employees, relationships with non-profit foundations to help literacy globally, new CEO who wants to stay on top.

Cons

Reorganization comes with some confusion and disruption, but we are moving in the right direction. Some overlap in areas. Would like more career development opportunities and continue to focus on working the incentive plan to best measure day to day success and growth.

Stay humble and continue to invest in your people who want to stay and grow alongside you.

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson