Pearson

www.pearson.com

Very rewarding, high performance culture guided by strong core values

Current Employee - District Sales Manager
Current Employee - District Sales Manager

Pros

My 17 year career at Pearson has provided me with great satisfaction on many levels. Commitment, drive and work ethic are valued and rewarded throughout the organization.We have a very noble mission--to change people's lives through learning. Our products and services support that mission and the people who work here embrace it. Pearson attracts the best and the brightest people who truly put their hearts and souls into everything that they do--many colleagues have become lifelong friends.

Cons

Our industry is changing rapidly with requires us to be nimble and work all the harder. We are in the midst of organizational transformation to position us for the future, which can feel unsettling at times.

Continue to communicate openly about the transformation of Pearson. Stay focused on the success of our employees and customers.

Other reviews for Pearson

I could never repay Pearson for all of the opportunities they have given me.

Current Employee - District Sales Manager  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Columbus, OH

Pros

Pearson has always allowed me to be true to myself and my family. They have allowed me to hold positions that fit my family while maintaining a good standing in the company. I have been given more opportunities to excel and learn than I would have ever thought possible. The people I work with have become some of my best friends and I have never been far from a fantastic conversation with interesting people! I have always felt that Pearson values me as a PERSON not just an employee

Cons

It is a pro and a con - I am never done - there is always another great conversation or learning experience to be had. It can be exhausting but exhilarating at the same time!

Keep the focus on the people of Pearson and nobody can beat us.

Strong mission to serve global education

Pros

The front line sales force, reps & managers are the best in the business. Strong sense of mission & loyalty to customers & company.
    Reps believe in their purpose to help provide the best education experiences for students & educators. Products are solid & market leading.

Cons

Struggling to balance old ways & new initiatives. Sales reporting & systems are flawed, require a lot of duplicating of efforts. Lack of transparency between upper management & finance with the feet on the street

Don't ignore the sales force, they are what keep you on top.

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson.

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!