Pearson

www.pearson.com
  www.pearson.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

It used to be a great place to work, but the decision-making is too centralized now.

Current Employee - Senior Editor III in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Senior Editor III in Austin, TX

I have been working at Pearson full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company is fairly generous in its 401K matching plan and vacation benefits. The health insurance is still very good but should be less of a factor to consider now that the ACA is in place. Telework is an option in certain departments in Austin but not in others.

Cons

There are limited opportunities to advance and grow in certain departments, especially now that the company is struggling financially. The real wage of many workers has been shrinking for the past four years.

Spend more time listening to the concerns of rank-and-file workers--many of them are actually pretty sharp.

869 Other Employee Reviews for Pearson (View Most Recent)

Proud to be an educational partner.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Pearson full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

We partner with professors to provide market-leading textbooks and technology. I am part of a GREAT team, and we have a lot of fun strategizing, sharing, and celebrating our success together. This position has been a wonderful fit for me. I love what I do!

Cons

There have been some changes in our leadership, so it has been a transitional time.

I've been given opportunities to grow my career and received professional development along the way.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Pearson full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Competitive culture that focuses on personal & team success while making a difference for learners around the globe. As we move forward engaging students and creating individualized assessment Pearson has the resources to help develop these new tools.

Cons

Pearson is a large educational company so at times change/adjustments take longer than smaller more nimble companies. With that said we have a senior/executive leadership team that is open to listening and always wants to improve.

Continue to communicate areas of investment in new products/services and the direction of our company.

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson