There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Pearson has exceeded my expectations in being a great place to work!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Pearson full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If the publishing industry is where you want to have a career, the only place to do that is at Pearson. This time of massive change in the indutsry can be very stressful. Almost all of Pearson's competitors are financially in horrible places. Pearson protects there on without massive layoffs. Your job may change but you will still have one! Training is well done and management is supportive without micromanaging which is important! There are huge opportunities for advancement, great compensation and benefits.

Cons

The world's leading learning company is massive. It may seem overwhelming at first but it gets easier with time.

Listen to the people on the ground! We are the closest to the customers and possess the most insight.

831 Other Employee Reviews for Pearson (View Most Recent)

Good place to get experience!

I worked at Pearson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent people, professional atmosphere, great health benefits, tuition reimbursement

Cons

low wages! very "corporate" i.e.great employees not valued by higher ups, office politics galore

promote your employees, sometimes it seemed like no one had a clear understanding workflow processes.

Leadership changes need to settle out

I have been working at Pearson full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pearson is generally a great company with amazing potential in the global education space. Benefits are good.

Cons

I can't speak for the whole company since it is global and it matters tremendously what business unit you are in. I used to love working here but my experience has gone downhill the past year with the restructuring. The bureaucracy has increased (including a travel policy with no airline preferences, you can't pay for assigned seats on cheap airlines so you scramble at the last minute, and taking late night or connecting flights to save $50). People in my area are leaving like rats from a sinking ship, and it feels like nobody in management cares. I assume things will stabilize over the next two years after the restructuring, but for now it's a tense and frustrating place to work.

Value your people more, they are your greatest asset.

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson