Pearson

www.pearson.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Pearson has exceeded my expectations in being a great place to work!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Pearson full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If the publishing industry is where you want to have a career, the only place to do that is at Pearson. This time of massive change in the indutsry can be very stressful. Almost all of Pearson's competitors are financially in horrible places. Pearson protects there on without massive layoffs. Your job may change but you will still have one! Training is well done and management is supportive without micromanaging which is important! There are huge opportunities for advancement, great compensation and benefits.

Cons

The world's leading learning company is massive. It may seem overwhelming at first but it gets easier with time.

Listen to the people on the ground! We are the closest to the customers and possess the most insight.

939 Other Employee Reviews for Pearson (View Most Recent)

A Humdrum Post-College Experience

Former Employee - Assistant in Upper Saddle River, NJ
    Former Employee - Assistant in Upper Saddle River, NJ

I worked at Pearson full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Given the clerical and data-entry oriented nature of the job, I was moderately well paid. There is good communication within departments, despite the geographical divides between certain team members. It was always easy to communicate with my bosses and people next up in the chain of command.

Cons

Most of my job consisted of dealing with issues that should never have happened in the first place. Rampant technical obstacles within realms of the company that should be moving smoothly (paying checks, doing warehouse inventory, finding and publishing certain information on website) became a primary concern. Poor organization of the company's software and databases, as well as its un-intuitive corporate structuring made it extremely difficult to not only identify what issues were occurring within the software but who exactly should even be sought for advice.

People within the company with an authority high enough to implement reforms for the corporation's database, system of technical support, and inventory should seriously consider doing so. When a substantial portion of your company's assistant-level employees are doing work resolving issues stemming from faulty software and organization that could be fixed with relatively simple alterations, you should strongly consider reforms.

I like working here the benefits are good as far as health care

I have been working at Pearson full-time

Pros

They have great health care and they work with you, very flexible. You can move around Quick

Cons

The raises there are not that great unless your moving to a different department

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson