Pearson

www.pearson.com

What a horrible place to work.

Former Employee - Assistant to EA of Accounting
Former Employee - Assistant to EA of Accounting

Pros

My fellow employees and divisions around me were great and left with some good friends. I didn't stay long enough to know the perks.

Cons

Being micromanaged isn't fun. Doing all of your bosses work while she decides on her workout routine and eating habits isn't great and management had no idea.

Management should look at if employee's are satisfied. Their so worried about managing up that the employee's underneath them are unhappy.

Other reviews for Pearson

Flexible work but customers can be tough

Current Employee - Freelance Editor for Cyberedit.com
    Current Employee - Freelance Editor for Cyberedit.com

Pros

If you can get into a rhythm, it's not hard to crank out an essay and critique in 2-3 hours. That would net you about $15/hr on average. You can work from anywhere, as long as you have internet access.

Cons

I had a great track record and a lot of my customers gave me the highest feedback ratings possible but one customer disliked my work, complained, and I got a harsh rebuke and wasn't paid for the work I did. I felt that was over the top given my track record adn given that the work I did for that customer was the same as my other highly-rated work.

Please treat your freelance workers with respect. There are no benefits that come with freelance or contract work, so personalized and targeted praise really helps.

Work hard, move up

Pros

Benefits good, reviews and feedback helpful. Longevity in some parts of company rewarded. Coworkers typically supportive.

Cons

Salaries typically not high. Bureaucratic practices typical of all large publishers. Market requirements for state adoption often frustrating, yet need to adhere to.

Reward and praise employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson.

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!