Pearson
www.pearson.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Hold off on working at Pearson until reorganization is complete

Senior Content Specialist (Current Employee)
Chandler, AZ

ProsBiggest educational publishing company. If at the right level, an individual may have the opportunity to shape education of millions of children.

ConsThe company is undergoing vast reorganization. Profits and not education emerging more and more as the top priority, top value in the company. Ths is very disappointing to those of us who really care about education.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't sacrifice long-term growth for short-term profits. ... Remember that people need time to adjust to new structure, it would be a good idea to have a forum for people to express their gripes and frustrations. There is a growing sense that no one's job is safe. ... There should be bigger roles for research into and implementation best practices into development of new textbook series.

Good work, but it doesn't last.

Peak Employee Scorer (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Pearson

Pros: Fellow employees. A Bachelors degree minimum is required to work as a Pearson "Peak Employee," as they are known, so everyone around you… Cons: Job is temporary. Facility is open and operational only as long as Pearson has tests to score, which is not the entire year. … Advice to Senior Management: I cannot say. Don't know enough about the business. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Pearson used to be a great place to work...

I have been working at Pearson

Pros: Great benefits. Fun authors. NSMs in nice locations. Cons: Old boy network. No change in senior management team in… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to what the market wants. Listen to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Pearson.

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pearson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pearson CEO John Fallon. All reviews posted anonymously by Pearson employees.