Pearson

www.pearson.com

A great organization with some communication and internal challenges

Senior Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) Addison, IL

ProsPearson is a great organization to work for. Management is outstanding, exec leadership are involved and aware of goings-on and interact with front-line employees frequently. There are several visionary folks throughout the organization and while they are loosely organized (see: Yammer), they are able to help shape and shift the organization. I would heartiliy recommend Pearson!

ConsThere are challenges, as there are in any large organization, particularly around innovation and challenging the status quo. It's not quite the monolith that IBM or other Blue Chip organizations are, but there are times that change comes slowly (if at all). Internal shared services are less than ideal. The green initiatives have not yet reached HR/payroll services and certainly not accounts payable.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind your visionaries, link them better, listen to them more closely. Pay attention to your customers, find a way to sift out some of the chaff (it does still exist).

Publishing Giant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at Pearson

Pros: 1. Deep resources (in terms of marketing, product development, etc.) 2. Growth Opportunities (Pearson definitely hires from within) 3. Tradition of success 4. Competent… Cons: 1. Too much hierarchy 2. Unrealistic goals 3. Internal competition Advice to Senior Management: Need better sales accounting systems. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not the place for those than want to grow!

Finance Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at Pearson

Pros: Low work load, mindless work. Nice gig if you want to do… Cons: Frustrating for those that want to drive change and process improvement. This… Advice to Senior Management: Hire some fresh blood at the highest level and drive… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Pearson.

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!