There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Great place to work

I have been working at Pearson

Pros

Pearson has great benefits and a lot of great people working for the company. Employees seem to share passion for what the company is trying to do. The CEO visits many of the major offices every year and says that we're working to make education better, not to make profits. She says that profits are what allows us to do great things, but our primary goal should be improving education of children and adults globally. She's a solid thinker and highly admirable.

Cons

The pay for most positions seems to be a little below market value, but there are very good benefits (tuition reimbursement, 401K matching, medical/dental/vision/life insurance at very affordable rates, lots of opportunity). It can be a real issue getting people's salaries to market value once they're in the system, but I don't think that's too different from anywhere else. Sometimes you have to work long hours, but it's nothing like working at places like Google or Apple.

Overall, I think senior management has done a very good job at being transparent and efficient. I'd say, "Keep it up!"

792 Other Employee Reviews for Pearson (View Most Recent)

Great Expereince

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Pearson

Pros

Pearson is great place to work. They give you alternative to work from home or remotely.

Cons

Promotions are not much and even if that happen it is random.

Give opportunity to the right people. Be transparent.

While the interviewing process may be long and painful it is well worth the effort to get placed in Pearson.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Pearson

Pros

Pearson is a strong company that has weathered the financial crisis very well. They nurture talent and believe in treating their employees respectfully.

Cons

Because of their culture of nurturing employees, there is not a lot of turn over. Usually that is a good thing but sometimes it serves to keep stale ideas in circulation.

To stay competitive, digital competencies should be brought in to accelerate progress.

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!