Pearson
www.pearson.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Great place to work

ProsPearson has great benefits and a lot of great people working for the company. Employees seem to share passion for what the company is trying to do. The CEO visits many of the major offices every year and says that we're working to make education better, not to make profits. She says that profits are what allows us to do great things, but our primary goal should be improving education of children and adults globally. She's a solid thinker and highly admirable.

ConsThe pay for most positions seems to be a little below market value, but there are very good benefits (tuition reimbursement, 401K matching, medical/dental/vision/life insurance at very affordable rates, lots of opportunity). It can be a real issue getting people's salaries to market value once they're in the system, but I don't think that's too different from anywhere else. Sometimes you have to work long hours, but it's nothing like working at places like Google or Apple.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall, I think senior management has done a very good job at being transparent and efficient. I'd say, "Keep it up!"

Great Expereince

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Pearson

Pros: Pearson is great place to work. They give you alternative… Cons: Promotions are not much and even if that happen it… Advice to Senior Management: Give opportunity to the right people. Be transparent. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

While the interviewing process may be long and painful it is well worth the effort to get placed in Pearson.

London, England (UK)

I have been working at Pearson

Pros: Pearson is a strong company that has weathered the financial crisis very… Cons: Because of their culture of nurturing employees, there is not a lot of turn over. … Advice to Senior Management: To stay competitive, digital competencies should be brought in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Pearson.

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pearson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pearson CEO John Fallon. All reviews posted anonymously by Pearson employees.