Good benefits

Current Employee - Editorial Assistant in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Editorial Assistant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pearson

Pros

Great benefits, flexibility in work hours, summer hours, raises every year with opportunities for bonuses, company provided tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Pay wasn't great, but that's expected at a publishing company. Felt pushed towards sales.

Advice to Management

Provide more career advice for all the young talent you have in the office.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Test Admin

Current Employee - T/A in Johnson City, TN
    Current Employee - T/A in Johnson City, TN

I have been working at Pearson

Pros

Very easy,Pay attention to detail

Cons

Long days and long shifts

Advice to Management

Too many passwords

Very Unstable

Current Employee - Development Editor in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Development Editor in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pearson

Pros

Very good benefits if you are permanent (not term-of-project)
    Some good colleagues
    OK pay compared to some areas of publishing at small firms
    Fall Fridays ( as opposed to summer Fridays)

Cons

Most employees are term-of-project, so not permanent. Our contracts were all due to expire on December 31st. We heard nothing, meaning that we did not know whether to come to work on January 1st. We did come in, only to receive our letters renewing employment a few days later. People had not known whether they could afford to travel home for the vacation or how much they could spend on presents, due to the uncertainty of the job.

If you are permanent, you receive a bonus of many thousands of dollars. I was kept term-of-project, only to find out that someone with over a decade less experience than me - that is, only a couple of years of experience post-college, someone very young - had been made permanent, and then specifically told not to tell me. In addition, I had to have surgery and was told that Pearson would not pay me for the time I was off recovering, because I was term-of-project, despite two years of flawless mistake-free service and long hours from me.

If you are just out of college, joining any Pearson company is a superb start, even if it's Pearson Learning Solutions. But if you have over two years post-college experience, this place is more likely to hold you back than do you any favors.

Advice to Management

Do the right thing and resign. The current senior management has been messing this place up for years. The turnover is unbelievable. I left seven months ago and already the team is unrecognizable.