Pediatric Services of America

There are newer employer reviews for Pediatric Services of America

Supportive Clinical care Managers

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Allentown, PA
Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Allentown, PA

I worked at Pediatric Services of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Amazing team work and support from supervisors

Cons

expensive health benefits and not guarantee of steady hours

37 Other Employee Reviews for Pediatric Services of America (View Most Recent)

Love the patients but......

Current Employee - RN Field Nurse Private Duty in Piedmont, SC
    Current Employee - RN Field Nurse Private Duty in Piedmont, SC

I have been working at Pediatric Services of America

Pros

Flexible hours.
    Love the children!

Cons

Compensation is awful. Consistently hear it is limited by what medicaid reimburses however other agencies in town working under the same Medicaid contracts offer better compensation. Very limited benefits and pricing of the benefits offered is not in line with compensation offered to clinical staff so benefits are not affordable. Organizational structure at the local office level makes no sense. Basically you have non clinical clerical staff trying to manage clinical staff. No Clinical Manager in place to oversee field staff or clinical care managers. In essence field staff may have several "bosses" dependent upon how many cases they are working on. Policies are not well written or monitored effectively. Orientation is pretty much non existent . the image of the company as a whole in the lay and professional comunity is poor.

This company needs to reorganize at the local office level and provide more transparency. Pay is abominable for RN's. Staff is continually turning over because the pay is poor, orientation and training are not effective. You must be willing to make some fundamental changes at the local level which includes spending some money on improvements if this company is to continue to be viable in this market. Hire a consulting firm!

My review re: being employed by Pediatric Services of America

Former Employee - PDN, RN in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - PDN, RN in Austin, TX

I worked at Pediatric Services of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, liked being able to choose my patients (related to distance and / or illnesses), nice office staff and fair clinical coordinators.

Cons

Low hourly pay, almost non-existent pay raises/increases, and expensive very limited health insurance

re: training on a new patient with vent. Being a hospital nurse I had a fear of working alone. I would rather have had a full shift to shadow the scheduled nurse then I work but have my clinical coordinator with me for the shift.

There are newer employer reviews for Pediatric Services of America