Peebles

www.peebles.com
There are newer employer reviews for Peebles

Good part time retail job

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Peebles

Pros

This company is very laid back. It is a fairly small, hometown-like retailer. The customer service experience is rewarding and helpful.

Cons

Compared to other jobs that I have had, the pay is quite low. Raises are quite rare. I know other larger retailers pay better.

44 Other Employee Reviews for Peebles (View Most Recent)

Peebles is a great place to work if you enjoy working in a challenging retail atmosphere.

Former Employee - Department Manager
    Former Employee - Department Manager

I worked at Peebles

Pros

There are incentives to doing your job well. Employees with high numbers in charge card approvals are rewarded monetarily and may earn other recognition within the company. If you do well within the company, you may be promoted due to their desire to promote from within. The employee discounts and vacation time is competitive to other companies in their field, as well as the pay rate.

Cons

As with most retail work, some nights and weekends are required. It is preferred that you do not ask for time off around major holidays/special promotions, especially if you are in a management position. You must be a motivated multi-tasker, there are many more tasks to accomplish in addition to ringing sales, which may overwhelm some associates.

I enjoyed my experience working with Peebles. My only advice would be to have more definite lines drawn between the various management positions. In my experience, the department managers and assistant managers shared the same tasks and responsibilities but for lesser pay and a lesser title. I believe that this could cause unnecessary friction in some situations. I do realize that this system is in place to prepare the department managers for future promotions and appreciate that you promote from within and have a great management training program in place.

I can't wait to find another job!

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Peebles

Pros

- you do get a nice employee discount
    -I f you like only getting a few hours a week, then this would be the perfect job for you

Cons

-policies are always changing and you probably won't be told about it until weeks later.
    -Management pushes you to get new charges and magazine orders every time you work

-Because we may one work a few times a week, you need to update us more on changes and current promotions when we start.(its suppose to happen but never does)

There are newer employer reviews for Peebles