Peebles

www.peebles.com
There are newer employer reviews for Peebles

good palce to learn the ropes

I have been working at Peebles

Pros

staff is mostly good, repeat customers can be fun, benefits are fair, hours are usually pretty standard for the industry for part time help

Cons

upper management, too many chiefs not enough indians scenario, expect to work well over 40 hours every week, smaller companyso opportunity room to advance, pay isnt very competitive compared with other stores

45 Other Employee Reviews for Peebles (View Most Recent)

I never saw him before the interview

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate

I have been working at Peebles

Pros

He was very professional and picky about how the store looked.I think he treated everyone fairly. He had a diverse group of mainly women.

Cons

Wasn't there for our training-they rely on DVDS to train employees. I was like a deer in headlight for the first week or so as I didn't want to make any mistakes.

Better training-maybe have a register in training mode. And why was one of the assistant managers showing me how to do her work when I was seasonal?

A very nice company to work for.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Peebles

Pros

Great work environment. Corporate is very interested in opinions and suggestions of store managers and will often implement ideas and suggestions.

Cons

Very little opportunity for advancement beyond store manager position. Payscale is lower than other companies I have worked for. I made more as an assistant manager with another company than I did as a store manager with Peebles.

Take more input from managers on product for specific regions. What sells well in the southern stores doesn't always translate to the northern stores.

There are newer employer reviews for Peebles