Peer 1 Hosting

www.peer1.com

Interesting, recognises effort but more suited to younger members of the workforce

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Product Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Peer 1 Hosting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Effort is recognised and rewarded appropriately. comfortable and friendly surroundings. Overall very caring of employees personal welfare.

Cons

The playful elements of the culture they try to espouse would be more attractive to younger people. I would say from a UK perspective for a graduate wanting to enter the hosting sector. For them it is a very exciting proposition. However for me a seasoned Product Manager with over 17 years of experience in the industry, I found that in the UK there was not much room for my professional growth. Also the fact that PEER1 is spread over multiple time zones and geographical locations, I found it very challenging at times to coordinate efforts in getting things done.

Recognise that some of the elements of the PEER1 values need to be modified to be more attractive to the more experienced professional. Perhaps certain functions such as Product Development and Finance should be regional in nature, rather than run from a global perspective.

Peer 1 Hosting Response

May 22, 2014Demand Generation Manager

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling that there is not too much room for your professional grow. There are many channels that you can address and discuss this, like your inline manager and the ... More

Other Reviews for Peer 1 Hosting

Everyone’s trying to be middle classed, UK breeds favouritism and un-skilled 'I don't care' culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Peer 1 Hosting full-time

Pros

Love the US culture. The fridge is always full of ice cream and beer as they are a lazy greedy bunch.

Cons

Too much to mention. Thanks to the MD and his 'Golden children' UK office is a complete shambles. Top management treat a handful as though they are their own children, which is lovely atmosphere for the pub that they have in Southampton office but the rest of employees and customers can just curl up and and die. MD doesn't even know the names of own his staff much less care about clients business, so if you are not interested in being apart of playground school antics please do not apply. They will drive you out thinking useless but really its because you have shown passion in your work. If you show any signs on improving your work flow, strategy or the client relationship processes trust me it's the last place you want to be.

Keep about 5 employees from the UK and sack everyone else before they are going to run the company down to the ground.

Peer 1 Hosting Response

May 22, 2014Demand Generation Manager

Have you address this issues internally? Can we discuss them?

Would not recommend

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy-going, not much else to say here.

Cons

- Poor work environment
    - Hires low skilled staff
    - Poor processes and management
    - Constant incessant nagging to be involved in some pathetic Americanised social events.
    - Company was dishonest - misrepresented issues to clients in order to make life easier.
    - Company went back on promises made to staff and broke employment law several times.

Stop patting yourself on the back. Your sales figures are good because you acquired another company in the UK - 50% of UK staff left in the last year, theres a statistic that is worth reading. Terrible internal processes and poor collaboration between departments makes for a stressful work environmnent - one that "putting greens" and lunch once a month will not make better.

There are newer employer reviews for Peer 1 Hosting.

Worked for Peer 1 Hosting? Contribute to the Community!