There are newer employer reviews for Peer 1 Hosting

This place is more like a family

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Product Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and great people. Fun and exciting technology. This job is never ever boring and is always changing You get to play with this coolest hardware and software.

Cons

Hardcore fast paced. Not for the faint of heart.

Advice to Management

Keep being cool and don't forget that we are all human.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good company with some growing pains

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Peer 1 Hosting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were absolutely great and made coming to work something I looked forward to each day. The company did a good job of embracing the individual strengths of each employee.

Cons

Expectations and workload were not fairly distributed across the team. Compensation was slightly below market, but the office atmosphere made up for quite a bit.

Advice to Management

I believe that Management was making the right changes as I left.

Great company turning into Bad...

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Miami, FL

I worked at Peer 1 Hosting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Freedom to balance your personal and work life - Opportunity to advance your knowledge on advanced systems - Managers (at least personally) are very approachable and down to earth - 401K is 100% matched - Vacation time accrued is competitive

Cons

- No attempt by management / executives to keep talented employees on staff - Non competitive salaries - Hardly any real monetary incentives (bonuses, raises, etc...) - A poor attempt by the company to keep employees happy by handing out Swag such as shirts, sweaters, coffee mugs, etc. This seems to be in lieu of bonuses or raises. - No concrete attempts for raises or salaries, mostly vague comments on the promise of them. All in all, when I started working at Peer1, I loved it. After the many years of working there, I came to realize that raises came few and far in between, and that the company (executives) gave no true importance to their employees. There is this "Team Awesome" recognition program devised by Peer1, that is not based on any real work being done by the employee. The people that are liked the most get these recognitions, and for many years the only incentive for these recognitions were some print out certificates. Recently they have expanded it to include a collection of points to actually buy things that you will want. However, I still rather raises, and bonuses, like I said before these recognition points were usually given to people that were well liked and noticed. It could or could not be based on actual going the "extra mile" and working hard.

Advice to Management

Take care of the talented people you have left. These talented people are leaving the company and will leave you with subpar employees. You still have a few good men left, try to keep them!