Ruined a great company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Peer 1 Hosting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I honestly cannot think of any.

Cons

Because of poor and mismanagement, they've lost a lot of employees that truly cared for the business and people. The real problem with this is that they terminated the long time employees that had a true passion for success and an undying passion for the job and the customers. If you had an opinion that was opposite of the kool-aide drinking management - terminated. If you had a voice and used it - terminated. If you strived to move forward in your career path - road blocked. Peer 1 had experts in the hosting business, a lean ship that grew and grew, dedicated, responsible, and passionate. After they purchased a failing company, they allowed the leadership in that failing company to run the entire hosting side of the business and not listen to the successful side of the business - where's the logic in that? Over worked, underpaid. Broken promises and a lot of dangling carrots. Too many secrets and too many lies in management. They pretend it's about the people but in reality, it's about the sales. Unhealthy environment.

Advice to Management

Get rid of current senior management and get real honest, caring, managers in there. A true manager helps their employees grow and creates a career path. Your current management creates road blocks to keep their own positions. Think about what happened and why - your long term employees came from the company you acquired in the early 2000's. 90% of them left to go back to them. The other 5% you terminated are with that employer today. Why? Because they value their employees and show it every day. You had a strong company at one time with strong passionate employees who cared more about the business and customers than the paycheck and would do anything for it all. You'd go a long way bringing those people back and instilling trust and value back into the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

This place is more like a family

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and great people. Fun and exciting technology. This job is never ever boring and is always changing You get to play with this coolest hardware and software.

Cons

Hardcore fast paced. Not for the faint of heart.

Advice to Management

Keep being cool and don't forget that we are all human.

Good company with some growing pains

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Peer 1 Hosting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were absolutely great and made coming to work something I looked forward to each day. The company did a good job of embracing the individual strengths of each employee.

Cons

Expectations and workload were not fairly distributed across the team. Compensation was slightly below market, but the office atmosphere made up for quite a bit.

Advice to Management

I believe that Management was making the right changes as I left.