Peet's

www.peets.com

I left because I had more to offer...

Home Office Manager (Current Employee) Emeryville, CA

ProsI love the people I worked with and still keep in touch with a bunch of them
Peet's has amazing coffee, tea and other products
The culture around coffee and tea was fun and engaging

ConsPeet's has amazing coffee and tea, and very loyal customers. It's sales manage to hide a lot of problems with the corporate leadership team.
When I was there, most every management person at Peet's was spending most of their time doing work at least a level below their job title. Which leaves one to wonder, who was doing the long-term strategy and planning work execs and directors should be doing?
It wasn't unusual for execs to wait until the rollout of major projects to really pay attention and then come along and change important aspects that had already been signed off by the leader who should have the authority!
Many leaders at Peet's are poor role models... do as I say, not as I do.
There are and have been several folks at the exec/director level who are/were known by just about everyone to be ineffective and/or counterproductive in their roles. No one had the nerve to let them go. In fact, many of those execs/directors stayed until THEY were ready to leave. And, in fact, several have managed to move on to similar or better positions with Peet's own vendors and partners!
In the end, I left because I was working on project after project that had unrealistic deadlines, didn't have enough early buy-in/support from the executive and/or leadership teams, were poorly resourced, kept getting postponed and when they finally did roll out weren't as effective as they could have been.
You'd work your tail end off, deliver what was asked of you and folks would only notice what was wrong.
I'd blame myself and often did when I worked there, but I am doing similar work at another company: I have proper funding for my projects, support from my VP, I'm crazy productive here and considered a top performer...
Lots of great career lessons learned at Peet's, but I could have saved myself a lot of stress by leaving sooner.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job on hiring and promotion decisions for your leadership roles. And when you do actually make a good hire, get out of that person's way and let them succeed! Hold people accountable in a fair and consistent manner.

This is a job that places a premium on quality of products and seeks to maintain its good reputation with customers.

Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Peet's

Pros: Gold standard emphasis. New information given promptly. Not stressful or… Cons: Paltry hours. Fixed position (perform other assigned duties when slow).… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure overall training is complete by 2 months max!… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Perks, great people!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Peet's

Pros: The people are very nice and engaging; there is work… Cons: Pay not as competitive for the marketplace. Advice to Senior Management: Pay your people competitively; keep listening; expand retail presense to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Peet's.

Worked for Peet's? Contribute to the Community!