Peet's

www.peets.com

If you love people and multi-tasking your ass off for little pay, then it's good

Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) Berkeley, CA

ProsThe best reason to work at Peet's in my experience, is definitely the free coffee and tea. It's a nice perk that all retail employees get; because you've ought to know the product you are selling. You'll meet a whole lot of interesting people too.

The work can be hard, but there is comradery.

ConsHours: I feel like one of countless baby birds clamoring for mama bird's attention. Sure, in the beginning, you are tempted with the average 20-25 hrs/wk during the period in order to qualify for benefits. But there are so many people working at a store that the benefits start with shift leaders. Kind of felt like a scam after a while.

Responsibilities: How can anyone move so quickly and gracefully? Drink lots of coffee of course....but more coffee than you can handle will get you in trouble! It's hard to get a bathroom break in the middle of the rush. Forget it soldier!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire less people so you don't have to have so many with cut hours. But hire more people who can commit 25+ hours for at least a year.

I left because I had more to offer...

Home Office Manager (Current Employee) Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Peet's

Pros: I love the people I worked with and still keep in touch with a bunch of them… Cons: Peet's has amazing coffee and tea, and very loyal customers. It's sales manage to hide a lot of problems with the corporate leadership team. When I… Advice to Senior Management: Do a better job on hiring and promotion decisions for your leadership roles. And when you do actually make a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

This is a job that places a premium on quality of products and seeks to maintain its good reputation with customers.

Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Peet's

Pros: Gold standard emphasis. New information given promptly. Not stressful or… Cons: Paltry hours. Fixed position (perform other assigned duties when slow).… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure overall training is complete by 2 months max!… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Peet's.

Worked for Peet's? Contribute to the Community!