Peet's

www.peets.com

Don't let the image fool you...it's big business with big business issues

Corporate Office (Current Employee) Emeryville, CA

ProsThe benefits are pretty good if you are single. It's a casual work environment for dress. Free coffee, tea, espresso...there are many good people who work here and who try very hard to do what sometimes feels impossible. I have a lot of admiration for many of the people I work with.

ConsBenefits if you want anything besides the basics are pretty expensive. There is inconsistency in expectaions from department to department...in otherwords, the management does not work from a cohesive guideline of expectations. You are always working under tight deadlines and with a large workload. This isn't from the economy now, this goes back as far as I have been with the company...the attitude is prove you can't do it and any responsible employee is going to push temselves to accomplish the goal because they want to please the customer, want to support thier co-workers and respect the company. But waiting until people are burnt out or things start breaking is not the time to make a decision about resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more consistent. Lead from the top down. Actually follow the "Mission, Vision, Guiding Principles and Values" that are supposed to be the core of what holds us apart and what binds us together.

A great place to get coffee and build a long term career.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Peet's

Pros: Great coffee and tea. Coming from a string of dot com and Silicon Valley companies Peet's is significantly more laid back. It's a… Cons: Terrible holiday schedule (like 6 holidays per year) if you work at the home office. Stock options are… Advice to Senior Management: Change the holiday schedule. Give out stock options and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Peet's systems struggling to keep up with high quality product.

Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) Oakland, CA

I have been working at Peet's

Pros: The gold standard specialty coffee brand on the market. The product quality is outstanding and I… Cons: The relative size of the company creates limited advancement opportunities out of retail stores. The level of growth is well paced but the technology/systems… Advice to Senior Management: Remain true to the highest quality product that has gotten us through the first 42 as we continue to grow the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Peet's.

Worked for Peet's? Contribute to the Community!