Peet's
www.peets.com Emeryville, CA 5000+ Employees

a testiment to mental fortitude

Employee (Current Employee)
Emeryville, CA

ProsAwesome individuals/co-workers once you're below the "Director" level (though a few awesome Directors as well). The product (coffee) is some of the best you'll ever have, and there are some amazing people involved with that. Job duties can be challenging/stimulating on occasion.

ConsToo much of a "do as I say, not as I do" mentality among upper mgmt. An amazing inability to communicate between departments, with no apparent desire to correct. Sooooo much $$ wasted on projects that are not beneficial to the company as a whole. The demands and expectations on the rank and file vs. the level of compensation/benefits are so skewered it's laughable - like it should be an honor to work at Peet's. The company expouses a desire for "work/life balance", yet completely ignores this the minute it's inconvenient. Your opportunity for advancement is mostly predicated on internal politics, not your ability.

Advice to Senior Managementpractice what you preach. if not, and you're gonna be contradictory plus take advantage of your employees, how about just being upfront about it?

Great company to work for

Customer Service (Former Employee)
    Wellesley, MA

I worked at Peet's part-time for less than a year

Pros: Free products Quality product, employees care about what they are selling Company… Cons: You will smell strongly of coffee grounds after shifts Early mornings can be tough to get used to Might become an… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Baritsa

Cashier/Barista (Former Employee)
    Davis, CA

I worked at Peet's part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great coffee and loyal customers Cons: a little too particular, wish it felt less like a… Advice to Senior Management: training job is great More
There are newer reviews on Peet's.

Worked for Peet's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Peet's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Peet's CEO Dave Burwick . All reviews posted anonymously by Peet's employees.