Pegasus Solutions

  www.pegs.com
Work in HR? Unlock Free Profile

33 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Sort: Rating Date

 

Could be better.

  • Comp & Benefits
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Senior Management
  • Career Opportunities
Former Employee - Applications Support Analyst Tier II  in  Scottsdale, AZ
Former Employee - Applications Support Analyst Tier II in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

If you like Unix, you'll get to build your skills playing on Solaris consoles all day, The same is true for SQL. Generally friendly people throughout the organization. Enough wiggle room allowed in my position for me to take my own approach to solutions.

Cons

Pegasus is a company built from acquiring smaller companies, all of which developed proprietary software products, services, or solutions. Documentation for most products, if it even exists, is poor. An analyst can expect to spend 80 percent of their time looking for documentation and the remaining 20 percent mitigating an issue. Support salaries are extremely disproportionate to required skills and levels of responsibility/expected commitment. Departments are run on minimal staffing levels and budget.

Advice to ManagementAdvice

Focus on renewal revenue - it should represent at least 80% of your total revenue. If not, adjust support staffing levels and budget accordingly, as it's proven your renewal business is 3 times less costly than obtaining new business. Address software defects in a timely manner and be sure they take priority over new features and functionality in your product suite(s.) Your developers should be accountable to your customers and the staff supporting them, not the other way around.

No opinion of CEO

Other reviews for Pegasus Solutions

  1. 2 people found this helpful  

    Follow the money

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Just Watching  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Just Watching in Scottsdale, AZ

    Pros

    Pegasus Solutions has some creative people and good talent. The Scottsdale location is good, albeit over kill. The operations staff (non management) *was* dedicated, and they used to support each other.

    Cons

    Pegasus Solutions just did a crazy thing and outsourced their *entire* Operations staff. All of their DBAs, Unix and Windows System Administrators to HP. This in itself isn't a bad thing, but they underestimated the staff's ability to find work. They did not offer any incentive to help transition to HP support ... AT ALL! Therefore, they will be lucky to have 10% of their experienced staff to do 24 hour support during the Christmas and New Year season. This should give a big leg up to competitors. Pegasus operated on an Operations shoestring, anyhow. Watching a company shooting itself in the foot is not fun.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Well, I'm not sure you can do anything at this point. Get the HP staff on-site and offer some key people some very large retention bonuses; you may get one or two to bite. Also, look at who on your staff recommended this (transferring support without a plan), and see if you can find who is working with the competition. Anybody is replaceable; even an entire Operations department if at least some planning is done.

    Doesn't Recommend
    Disapproves of CEO
  2.  

    Great work life balance / Company needs to improve profitability

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ

    Pros

    Work life balance is excellent

    Cons

    Company is in a financial downward spiral

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Managers should be held accountable for their teams performance

    Doesn't Recommend
    No opinion of CEO
There are newer employer reviews for Pegasus Solutions.

Worked for Pegasus Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.