Pegasus Solutions
www.pegs.com Dallas, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Could be better.

Applications Support Analyst Tier II (Former Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

ProsIf you like Unix, you'll get to build your skills playing on Solaris consoles all day, The same is true for SQL. Generally friendly people throughout the organization. Enough wiggle room allowed in my position for me to take my own approach to solutions.

ConsPegasus is a company built from acquiring smaller companies, all of which developed proprietary software products, services, or solutions. Documentation for most products, if it even exists, is poor. An analyst can expect to spend 80 percent of their time looking for documentation and the remaining 20 percent mitigating an issue. Support salaries are extremely disproportionate to required skills and levels of responsibility/expected commitment. Departments are run on minimal staffing levels and budget.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on renewal revenue - it should represent at least 80% of your total revenue. If not, adjust support staffing levels and budget accordingly, as it's proven your renewal business is 3 times less costly than obtaining new business. Address software defects in a timely manner and be sure they take priority over new features and functionality in your product suite(s.) Your developers should be accountable to your customers and the staff supporting them, not the other way around.

Just Watching (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pegasus Solutions

Pros: Pegasus Solutions has some creative people and good talent. The Scottsdale location is good, albeit… Cons: Pegasus Solutions just did a crazy thing and outsourced their *entire* Operations staff. All of their DBAs, Unix and Windows System Administrators to HP.… Advice to Senior Management: Well, I'm not sure you can do anything at this point. Get the HP staff on-site and offer some key people some very large… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great work life balance / Company needs to improve profitability

Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pegasus Solutions

Pros: Work life balance is excellent Cons: Company is in a financial downward spiral Advice to Senior Management: Managers should be held accountable for their teams performance No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Pegasus Solutions.

Worked for Pegasus Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pegasus Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pegasus Solutions CEO David Millili . All reviews posted anonymously by Pegasus Solutions employees.