Pegasus Transportation

Watch your back.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Pegasus Transportation

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, nice people, great environment.

Cons

Way, way too much micromanagement.

Stop the practice of using 20 people to change a lightbulb. Let management make their own decisions.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Pegasus Transportation (View Most Recent)

Was good starting out

Current Employee - Trucker
    Current Employee - Trucker

I have been working at Pegasus Transportation part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Could be a good place to work

Cons

Middle mgt doesnt have a clue whats going on

Treat your employees with respect and treat everyone as one, stop taking care of the dead beats and take care of the ones who do a good job

Pegasus Transportation, an excellent company, with excellent people, excellent equipment and great pay!

Current Employee - Truck Driver  in  Fisherville, KY
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Fisherville, KY

I have been working at Pegasus Transportation

Pros

There are several positives to working at Pegasus, the first one for me, is it's a local company with all of the freight coming out of the Louisville, Ky. area and you are always home every weekend and most of the time some during the week. They have excellent equipment from city trucks , short haul, and over the road. All equipment is very well maintained and they see you have everything you need to make your trip as safe and easy as possible. They offer every thing from city driving, short haul , dedicated, and long haul runs. All drivers are paid well, offered differnt types of benefits, along with a 401k with partical company match. They have quarterly company safety meetings where they offer alot of good advice and safety tips.The vendors always supply various gifts for these events which is always nice. Our company has an open door policy to anyone in the office from dispatch all the way up to the owners. Recently, they have open up a company fitness training room, along with access to weight management help. They do offer stop smoking clinics when the demand is there. I have worked at more than my share of trucking companies in the last 24 years, but I have never been happier than I am here at Pegasus. I have been with them for over 6 years now and wish I had tried to get on here earlier than I did.

Cons

We do haul alot of automotive freight, most of this is dedicated runs, so if the auto freight slows down, you will have to run other general freight, which sometimes entails sometimes pulling broker freight. But most of the broker freight are pretty good loads without alot of hassles. But it does happen, as it does at other trucking companies. They do pay pretty good here with to the top pay being reached in 5 years.

I do think the pay scale at Pegasus needs to be re-worked to encourage drivers with 5 plus years of service to stay on longer. They talk about holding onto drivers and cutting down on turnover, but if you reach the 5 yr. mark in seniority here you will have topped out on the pay scale. You will get a third year of vacation at 10 years of service. To me , there needs to be some kind of incentive pay scales wise to keep you interested.

There are newer employer reviews for Pegasus Transportation

Worked for Pegasus Transportation? Contribute to the Community!