There are newer employer reviews for Pei Wei Asian Diner

Decent job to work while going to school

Current Employee - Cashier/Take Away Expo  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Cashier/Take Away Expo in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Pei Wei Asian Diner

Pros

The managers are over all decent. Some I like more than others. I have been given more leadership opportunities and a good raise after 6 months and I must be lucky because it doesn't seem to happen to many employees at the company. All of the employees get along well and we have a good time. The hours aren't late and the shifts aren't too long so they go by quickly. The turnover is insane mainly because the pay isn't great at the start and the job and place are far too stressful and as a result, employees stop showing up. People are always quitting so there is almost always opportunities for overtime.

Cons

The turnover rate is insane. I am the only cashier left from the day we opened (7 months ago) and the rest of the cashiers haven't been working here for more than 2 months. I am often left alone or short handed at the front of the restaurant and it can get stressful. I was fortunate enough to go through corporate training before the store opened but nearly all the other FOH employees have no clue what to do or what is going on.

Hire more help and don't leave the restaurant short handed nearly all of the time.

62 Other Employee Reviews for Pei Wei Asian Diner (View Most Recent)

Your average restaurant hourly job, but with good food

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Cashier in Warren, MI

I worked at Pei Wei Asian Diner

Pros

The company is structured pretty well, and the same procedures are in place in all locations. The pay is substantial and fair in comparison to other jobs.

Cons

There is little room for advancement within the company. Senior management (Operating Partners and Market Chefs) change so frequently, you feel they don't really understand the company or how it should really function.

Focus on employee retention at low, mid, and high levels of the workplace. Try to encourage a corporate culture so hourly employees feel a stronger alliance to the company.

Worth it

Former Employee - Cashier  in  College Station, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in College Station, TX

I worked at Pei Wei Asian Diner

Pros

Fair pay
    Great people, both management and hourly employees
    Easy hours
    Management does a fairly decent job at recognizing accomplishments and rewarding employees

Cons

Poor hires
    Takes the "learn by doing " approach to training (which can be good or bad, just depends on the individual)

Not a whole lot of qualifications that need to be met in order to work the positions successfully but should be careful to hire those who will legitimately put forth effort.

There are newer employer reviews for Pei Wei Asian Diner

Worked for Pei Wei Asian Diner? Contribute to the Community!