Pei Wei Asian Diner

www.peiwei.com

Fun, easy work for decent pay

Dish (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsManagement is laid-back and VERY flexible to your scheduling needs. Was asked only one question at the interview ("why do you want to work here") then gave me the opportunity to try out the job to see if I was a fit, regardless of my past experience. That's the way it should be. The work environment is only fast-paced during night shifts so oftentimes you get paid to eat free food and joke around with the employees.

They do not drug test, which is a good thing considering that they're pointless anyway since they can't accurately detect hard drugs after a couple of days, but can pick up harmless cannabis use even weeks after consumption. I don't do drugs but I applaud the company for making a wise decision by saving me time, and them money.

Overall, this is one of the most fun and easiest jobs I've ever had; I've worked a *lot* harder for a *lot* less pay. Within a few months I expect to be running the place.

ConsMy only complaint is that I was trained by a man who couldn't speak a word of English; thankfully the tasks involved are so simple that I was able to become comfortable with job in a couple of days.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, but consider reevaluating your training process.

Decent work environment, not too bad

Cashier (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

I have been working at Pei Wei Asian Diner part-time for less than a year

Pros: Good food, god work environment, and good discount Cons: no tips, dark lighting, and scheduling can be a hassle Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Don't be an indentured servant for these folks

Manager (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

I worked at Pei Wei Asian Diner full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Teamwork atmosphere, decent pay (if you actually worked your… Cons: Zero (and I mean zero) work/life balance. Senior and middle management rarely give support that is helpful to improving operations… Advice to Senior Management: Level the playing field in regards to enforcement of policies and procedures. Learn to become more of a mentor versus the uncompromising… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Pei Wei Asian Diner.

Worked for Pei Wei Asian Diner? Contribute to the Community!