Pei Wei Asian Diner
www.peiwei.com Phoenix, AZ 50 to 149 Employees

What a horrible experience!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Princeton, NJ

I worked at Pei Wei Asian Diner part-time for less than a year

ProsNot much to say, I didn't even get free food! It's not like I had the free time to eat though...

Cons-Horrible management
-Corporate puts a lot of pressure on the management to cut down on hours, which makes tasks impossible. I literally stayed an hour extra every night to clean up since I had no help.
-Training was almost nonexistent.
-Literally worked 10 hour shifts with zero breaks and no dinner. I had to sneak some food from the chef to eat.
-A ton of work drama. The worst employee was best friends with the manager and got away with everything!

I honestly thought that this job was what all restaurant environments felt like (since it was my first restaurant job), but then after working at another restaurant I realized that this is not the truth! Restaurant jobs are tough, but the working environment at Pei Wei makes it torturous.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a better look at the working environment. There is zero teamwork and no one has anyone's back.

Good place to start cooking, don't expect a relaxing enviroment

Key Employee (Former Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Pei Wei Asian Diner full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Lots of practice on knife skills, flexible scheduling, easy to work as a second job. I also… Cons: Too much pressure from corporate, I had one GM that wouldn't let us drink water on the line… Advice to Senior Management: Very successful company but don't forget about your employees at… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company to work for if your GM is right

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Pei Wei Asian Diner part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Quick paced environment and room for growth if you're willing… Cons: It is unclear if general managers and floor management receive… Advice to Senior Management: Being too "by the book" can hurt the morale of your employees, but also don't… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Pei Wei Asian Diner.

Worked for Pei Wei Asian Diner? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pei Wei Asian Diner reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pei Wei Asian Diner CEO Russell Owens. All reviews posted anonymously by Pei Wei Asian Diner employees.