There are newer employer reviews for Pei Wei Asian Diner

Great until we went to a privately owned company.

Former Employee - General Manager
Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Pei Wei Asian Diner full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hours are great for a restaurant.

Cons

Labor and Operating Profit goals are not obtainable anymore. They gave us very aggressive numbers to hit while still giving out Buy one Get one Free coupons to what seemed like every resident in the state. Our comp line was consistently around 10%.

Advice to Management

Be realistic. You are going to continue to lose managers if you expect them to do all the work and with no staff or support from corporate. Labor goals are not realistic. Company gets upset with complaints but we can not run effective, smooth shifts with the numbers we are to hit.

reviews filtered by
  1. Kitchen Manager

I worked at Pei Wei Asian Diner full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

company promotes from within, fast pace work, structure elements are provided from corporate, fresh concept with good quality food.

Cons

too many managers are not held responsible for their actions, standards that are provided are not up held, managers are expected to "do whatever it takes to keep the restaurant successful" however this includes little to no support from market partners and VPs. Long hours are not the expection, they are the standard.

Advice to Management

actually listen to your managers when they ask for help and realize they caliber of employees what are willing to work for the tiny amount of pay we are allowed to offer with little room for growth

2. Great first job!

I worked at Pei Wei Asian Diner

Pros

This was my very first job. I worked at the front taking orders as running food. You have the potential to move up in the business and your co workers make things fun while you are there. They have upgraded many things since I worked there. I loved this job so much! You work long hours but when you are young you don't even care once you get your paycheck and it is over $800. Of course for people with kids that is not a lot at all but when you are in high school and your parents think it would be a good lesson for you to pay for your cell phone and prom tickets and dress and shoes and all your clothes on your own it is definitely something to put a smile on your face. Most good places you work at you get tired of their food and do not want to return as a customer after you stop working there.... I return all the time!

Cons

The management when I was there was very untrustworthy and rude. I had a doctors not to not come into work because I had the flu and in the food industry you can not be around other peoples food while you are sick and contagious. The manager told me if I did not come into work that night that I would be terminated (this was my first time in over a year for calling out) All new management staff though that is incredibly nice from what I have seen by being a customer there so definitely apply!

Advice to Management

Keep on making things better and improving the company. Great job so far!

There are newer employer reviews for Pei Wei Asian Diner