There are newer employer reviews for Pei Wei Asian Diner

Enjoyable place to work at

Current Employee - Cashier/Take Away Expo  in  Olathe, KS
Current Employee - Cashier/Take Away Expo in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Pei Wei Asian Diner part-time for less than a year

Pros

Enjoyable place to work at, with a good pace and welcoming environment.

Cons

None that I can think of. Very enjoyable place to work.

62 Other Employee Reviews for Pei Wei Asian Diner (View Most Recent)

I didn't find quite the home I thought I would when started with Pei Wei.

I have been working at Pei Wei Asian Diner for more than 3 years

Pros

Consistent, well communicated expectations. Salary range is reasonable. Lots of support from the corporate office when needed. I have an amazing staff and they work very hard for me. Our shifts are smooth and full of teamwork and positive energy. I love my regulars and will miss them when I leave.

Cons

Compared to the rest of the industry the work hours are reasonable, but you always work mid shifts, so its all of the good hours. Bonus program since the our new owners, Centerbridge, came aboard leaves a lot to be desired. They are trying to squeeze the company to tightly and are hemorrhaging quality salaried managers. They want to grow the company quite a bit, but are driving away their talent. When I started the conversations among managers were about how they were going to further their careers with the company and now its about how much longer they will be there. Restaurants are all I have ever worked in and I am avid supporter of changes for the right reasons and in the right way. Sadly that's just not the case here.

Stop letting the accountants run the company.

Great until we went to a privately owned company.

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Pei Wei Asian Diner full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Hours are great for a restaurant.

Cons

Labor and Operating Profit goals are not obtainable anymore. They gave us very aggressive numbers to hit while still giving out Buy one Get one Free coupons to what seemed like every resident in the state. Our comp line was consistently around 10%.

Be realistic. You are going to continue to lose managers if you expect them to do all the work and with no staff or support from corporate. Labor goals are not realistic. Company gets upset with complaints but we can not run effective, smooth shifts with the numbers we are to hit.

There are newer employer reviews for Pei Wei Asian Diner

Worked for Pei Wei Asian Diner? Contribute to the Community!