Pei Wei Asian Diner

www.peiwei.com
  www.peiwei.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pei Wei Asian Diner

Experience varies by location, upper management is clueless, but a good starting place to work

Current Employee - Cashier, Busser in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Cashier, Busser in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Pei Wei Asian Diner part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coworkers are great, so are the managers at the store level. Schedule flexibility is excellent and the product itself it great.

Cons

Guests can be abusive. Management can be disorganized sometimes, leading to chaos. No real structure of how things are done.

Listen to your store level managers and employees, we are on the front lines, we know what our guests want.

72 Other Employee Reviews for Pei Wei Asian Diner (View Most Recent)

I didn't find quite the home I thought I would when started with Pei Wei.

I have been working at Pei Wei Asian Diner (more than 3 years)

Pros

Consistent, well communicated expectations. Salary range is reasonable. Lots of support from the corporate office when needed. I have an amazing staff and they work very hard for me. Our shifts are smooth and full of teamwork and positive energy. I love my regulars and will miss them when I leave.

Cons

Compared to the rest of the industry the work hours are reasonable, but you always work mid shifts, so its all of the good hours. Bonus program since the our new owners, Centerbridge, came aboard leaves a lot to be desired. They are trying to squeeze the company to tightly and are hemorrhaging quality salaried managers. They want to grow the company quite a bit, but are driving away their talent. When I started the conversations among managers were about how they were going to further their careers with the company and now its about how much longer they will be there. Restaurants are all I have ever worked in and I am avid supporter of changes for the right reasons and in the right way. Sadly that's just not the case here.

Stop letting the accountants run the company.

Kitchen Manager

I worked at Pei Wei Asian Diner full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

company promotes from within, fast pace work, structure elements are provided from corporate, fresh concept with good quality food.

Cons

too many managers are not held responsible for their actions, standards that are provided are not up held, managers are expected to "do whatever it takes to keep the restaurant successful" however this includes little to no support from market partners and VPs. Long hours are not the expection, they are the standard.

actually listen to your managers when they ask for help and realize they caliber of employees what are willing to work for the tiny amount of pay we are allowed to offer with little room for growth

There are newer employer reviews for Pei Wei Asian Diner