Penn Foster, Inc
www.pennfoster.edu Scranton, PA 150 to 499 Employees

A good company with an excellent product.

Admissions Counselor (Current Employee)
Scranton, PA

Prosthe education programs we produce and sell are excellent. Our programs change lives at a very affordable price--less than $1,000. The work environment is pleasant.

ConsPay is too low for the experience and quality of work I perform. Company only pays the amount paid by other local employers, rather than reward excellence. Company doesn't care if they lose good employees to employers willing to pay more.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the "call center" mentality. We're not selling long distance phone service or credit card offers. Representatives are 'sales counselors' and should be compensated higher. Get out of the employee "revolving door" mentality--pay good employees a good living wage.

For the most part enjoyable company to work for.

Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee)
    Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Penn Foster, Inc full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Health benefits and RRSP contributor. Cons: High employee turnover due to unreasonable and aggresive manager. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to those who are on the floor everyday. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Okay place... slow to pay invoices

Adjunct Online Instructor (Former Employee)
    Scranton, PA

I worked at Penn Foster, Inc as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: Easy work, good co-workers, remote workplace, started out a good job with plenty of… Cons: late paychecks, no chance for advancement, no raises in over four years-I became so bored with work I would try to find extra… Advice to Senior Management: Take better care of your contractors, give them at least partial benefits… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Penn Foster, Inc.

Worked for Penn Foster, Inc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Penn Foster, Inc reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Penn Foster, Inc CEO Frank Britt. All reviews posted anonymously by Penn Foster, Inc employees.