Penn National Gaming

There are newer employer reviews for Penn National Gaming

The perfect job for me.

Current Employee - Dealer in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Dealer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Penn National Gaming full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great training facility for people new to the gaming industry. Supervisors and experienced employees are willing to help you out with any questions. Hourly compensaton paid to us by the company may be low but as a dealer we have a good hourly tip rate. Great flexibility when it comes to scheduling, (i.e. being able to switch start times and days with other employees). Newer employees had the opportunity to be promoted to being a full supervisor with less than one year's experience. We received medical, dental and vision insurance after working for 6 months.

Cons

Every weekend is a blackout date for dealers.

For me personally I have no complaints, however there are many employees and not all are satisfied.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Penn National Gaming (View Most Recent)

It all looks pretty neat on the surface, but watch out!

Former Employee - Slot Attendant in Charles Town, WV
    Former Employee - Slot Attendant in Charles Town, WV

I worked at Penn National Gaming full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The money, the friendships, uniforms provided. Nice break room. Not a boring job. Great relationships with guests.

Cons

Life as you know it will end and when you fall from grace, it will all be over and you will never fully realize, what you've just been through. It will take an emotional toll.

Do your job and let your people do theirs.

Apply here if you enjoy working for complacent Managers that thrive on mediocrity

Former Employee - Player Services Cage Supervisor in Sioux City, IA
    Former Employee - Player Services Cage Supervisor in Sioux City, IA

I worked at Penn National Gaming full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great friendships were made here, but that is because employees end up feeling like "survivors"

Cons

Prepare for the typical "Boys Club" mentality if you join this team. Favortism will always trump your education and time spent working in the industry. Promotions always go to the fake smile. The Director of HR was the worst at playing favorites and she promoted her son's friends into positions that they were not qualified for. Smaller community and everyone knew how to move up or keep their jobs by staying on her good side.

Recruit qualified Managers/Directors who have earned college degrees and achieved gaming industry experience instead of promoting lackluster idiots from within. There is a reason why they remained and floated to the top.

There are newer employer reviews for Penn National Gaming