Great Employer so far.

I have been working at Penn National Gaming part-time

Pros

They seem to be very open, encouraging employees to advance and better themselves. TONS of perks.I am enjoying myself for the first time in years.

Cons

The hierarchy is a little hard to decipher, there seems to be way to many chiefs, which often causes poor communication. Any misunderstandings seem to be dealt with professionally though.

Other Reviews for Penn National Gaming

Horrible Management

Former Employee - Concession Cashier  in  Charles Town, WV
    Former Employee - Concession Cashier in Charles Town, WV

I worked at Penn National Gaming part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good starting pay, friendly coworkers

Cons

Ill-trained managers, inconsistent hours, no advancement opportunities

In order to keep employee turnover from such a high rate, management needs to be willing to work with their employees. Countless employees volunteer to take another's shift or come in early, yet if they ever need a day off or a transfer management refuses outright without consideration. On top of this, the company would rather hire fresh out of university graduates who do not know a thing about customer service rather than promoting long-standing employees.

I had the best time working for Penn National Gaming.

Former Employee - Advertising  in  Hobbs, NM
    Former Employee - Advertising in Hobbs, NM

I worked at Penn National Gaming full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The team work, the people and some of the management staff. Also, the pay (depending on department) Working with promotions was the best time and dealing with customers as well.

Cons

Upper Management. Particularly in the Marketing Department. Having to put up with some other non work related issues is not what I signed up for. If you do not like smoke, do not ever work for this place. The smoke is really bad and it doesn't seem like they are going to fix it anytime soon. As far as location, it was set in a small-town and some of the patrons had to travel to get there, hearing the complaints daily wasn't fun.

Get rid of management in the Marketing Department in the SW New Mexico Location.

There are newer employer reviews for Penn National Gaming.

Worked for Penn National Gaming? Contribute to the Community!