Penn State
www.psu.edu University Park, PA 5000+ Employees

A good academic adviser is extremely important and scholarships help offset costs

Graduate Student (Former Employee)
University Park, PA

I worked at Penn State full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWith a good academic adviser, you are able to work independently and on topics that excite you with advice and guidance from your adviser. If you get a good adviser, you are able to have a flexible schedule and are not required to show up from 8-5 everyday. Most graduate students will also serve as teaching assistants for various professors. Again, some professors make this an enjoyable experience, others tend to over-use their graduate students.

ConsCost of living is high in the area so it's hard to save much from your assistantship and funding is hard to get for certain research projects.

Awesome and fun

Mail Clerk (Current Employee)
Erie, PA

I have been working at Penn State part-time for less than a year

Pros: Nice people, lots of friendly coworkers and there is always something to do.… Cons: I have to deal with some overly religious people in this part of the… Advice to Senior Management: Don't change everything mid year, that's just stupid. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent

I have been working at Penn State

Pros: Great people to work with Cons: Would have liked to have more hours More

There are newer reviews on Penn State.

Worked for Penn State? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Penn State reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Penn State CEO Rodney A. Erickson. All reviews posted anonymously by Penn State employees.